Vacature University Lecturer in Historical Theory / General History, Universiteit Leiden
The lecturer will replace Prof. Herman Paul in teaching Historical Theory to research master students. In addition, he/she will teach a couple of other courses, in the English-language master program and preferably also in the Dutch-language bachelor program. Preference will be given to candidates with a broad teaching scope (ability to teach courses in political or cultural history).
- Teaching Historical Theory in the research master program;
- Teaching additional courses (to be determined), preferably both in the English-language MA and Dutch-language BA;
- Supervision of BA and MA theses;
- Research and publishing through appropriate academic channels.
- A PhD degree in history;
- Demonstrable knowledge of, and familiarity with, the field of historical theory (philosophy of history);
- A research and publication record commensurate with career stage;
- A good academic teaching record;
- An excellent command of English and (preferably also) Dutch.
More detailed information can be found here.